Wednesday, June 17, 2009

After that last post, I wasn't really sure where to start with the posting of actual...content. So, I decided to just...write whatever came to mind.(And it just happened to be something I really wanted to write about. :] )

Yesterday, I worked a lot, went to my appointment, worked some more.
I had promised Britt that I would go to the Acton Jazz Cafe this Tuesday, since I missed it last week. She's been telling me about this band that her friend is in. Apparently they're great.
Around 8ish, we go buy tickets(stamps on our hands), then we go to her friend's house where some guys are kicking a ball around and some other people are sitting on a porch-deck-thing. Britt and I join the guys, along with her boyfriend. She introduces me as her sister. We kick the ball around for an hour. We head over to the Cafe place around nine. It's full. The guy(aka:Doug, the door-man) says to come back in 45, when the band is done. So we walk home. It's five minutes away. We eat something, listen to some random music.
We head back, find seats. First up is the house poet. Who is totally awesome. Then, Britt's friend's band is on. They're amazing. When she said they were good, I thought she meant like "yeah, they're okay for a local band," y'know? But they were just like...amazing. The whole time, I was sitting there, thinking, I was just hanging out with these guys. The singer has this...really strong voice...and all of them put together are just like...awesome.
They're not like...those teenage bands with their nervous voices/hands and two-minute songs. They play real music, nice music, something I would actually listen to.
I just thought I'd let you know where I'll be every Tuesday night at ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment